The topic that you submitted a response to will appear in this space.
Instructions for writing your response will appear in this space.
Your response will appear here for you to review.
Select the Sample Responses button to view an example of an essay that would be scored as a 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1.
Select the General Advice to Writers button for additional information that may help improve your score.
Select the Writer's Analysis Tools button to view diagnostic feedback related to grammar, usage, mechanics, style and organization, and development.
Explanation of Score
Your essay will be evaluated for its overall quality, based on how well you do the following:
- respond to the specific task directions
- consider the complexities of the issue
- organize, develop, and express your ideas
- support your ideas with relevant reasons and examples
- control the elements of standard written English