Overview of the ScoreItNow!™ Online Writing Practice Service for the GRE® General Test
The ScoreItNow!™ Online Writing Practice service contains two options from which you can select: the Practice Option and the Test Experience Option. The cost for each option is US$20 and includes the scoring of essay responses for two Analytical Writing topics for the GRE® General Test. Feedback includes scores on each submitted essay response and additional scored sample essay responses with reader commentary on the topics on which you have written.
You may purchase additional topics with scored sample essay responses and reader commentary in multiples of two and submit responses anytime within six months from the date of purchase.
Plus, new bonus topics are now available: after you have submitted two essay responses for scoring, you will have the additional option to write and submit essay responses on six FREE bonus topics (three for the Analyze an Issue task and three for the Analyze an Argument task) for more practice. You will receive a score on each essay response that you submit on these bonus topics.
NOTE: Essay responses to the bonus topics may be used in ETS materials to train scorers, in analysis samples and in research studies. In each instance, all identifying information will be removed.
- Allows you to submit responses for two GRE Analytical Writing topics in any combination (i.e., one Analyze an Issue topic and one Analyze an Argument topic, or two topics of the same task type).
- Write responses online or offline. The tasks are timed in the online option.
- You choose the topics on which you will write.
- At any time, you can save your work and exit the ScoreItNow! service, and come back later to complete your essay response.
- Receive a score for each essay response submitted and additional feedback.
Test Experience Option:
- Allows you to submit responses for one Analyze an Issue topic and one Analyze an Argument topic (simulates the GRE Analytical Writing section).
- The service will deliver one Issue topic; the Issue topic will be timed (30 minutes).
- The service will deliver one Argument topic; the Argument topic will be timed (30 minutes).
- The test will select the topics on which you will write.
- Write responses online using the same word processing features as the GRE General Test.
- Receive a score for each response submitted, a total GRE Analytical Writing score, and additional feedback.
- Scoring guide text for each of the scores you receive
- A score level description for the Analytical Writing Total score you receive (Test Experience only)
- Scored sample essay responses with reader commentary for each of the two topics on which you submitted responses
- Diagnostic information
Which option should you choose?
Select the Practice Option if you want to select topics and have the option of composing your response online or offline. If you compose offline, you will need to copy and paste your response into the ScoreItNow! Online Writing Practice text box before submitting for scoring. You can select to purchase any combination of the two task types, i.e., one each or two alike. You will not be constrained by the time allotment for the Analytical Writing section of the GRE General Test. Remember that your response will be scored based on standards associated with a response written in the actual time allotted for the Analyze an Issue and Analyze an Argument tasks in the GRE General Test.
Select the Test Experience Option if you want to have a similar experience to the one you will have in an actual GRE General Test. Remember, with this option you must compose your responses online and within the time allotted in the actual test.