Overview of Service
Your purchase of ScoreItNow! entitles you to submit essay responses to two GRE Analytical Writing essay topics. You will receive a score on each essay response that you submit as well as the following feedback:
- Scoring guide text for each score you receive
- A score level description for each score you receive
- Scored sample essay responses with rater commentary for each topic on which you submitted a response
- Diagnostic information
You may choose from the following two options to write and submit each of your essay responses: the Practice Option and the Test Experience Option. Details regarding each option are below.
- You will choose the topic on which you will write.
- You will write your response offline and submit it online for scoring.
- At any time, you can save your work and exit ScoreItNow!, and come back later to complete your essay response.
- You will receive a score for each essay response submitted and additional feedback.
Test Experience Option:
- The test will select the topic on which you will write.
- You will write your response online in a timed mode (30 minutes) using the same word processing features as the GRE General Test.
- You will receive a score for each response submitted and additional feedback.
Which option should you choose?
Select the Practice Option if you want to select topics and have the option of composing your response offline.
- You will not be constrained by the time allotment for the Analytical Writing section of the GRE General Test.
- You will need to copy and paste your response into the ScoreItNow! Online Writing Practice text box in order to submit for scoring.
- Your response will be scored based on standards associated with a response written in the actual time allotted for the task in the GRE General Test.
Select the Test Experience Option if you want to have a similar experience to the one you will have in an actual GRE General Test. Remember, with this option the test will select the topic for you and you must compose your response online and within the 30 minutes allotted, similar to the actual test.
After you have submitted two essay responses for scoring, you will have the option to write and submit essay responses on up to six FREE bonus Analytical Writing topics for more practice. You will receive a score on each essay response that you submit on these bonus topics.
NOTE: Essay responses to the bonus topics may be used in ETS materials to train scorers, in analysis samples, and in research studies. In each instance, all identifying information will be removed.
Purchasing Additional Topics
You may purchase additional topics and submit responses anytime within six months from the date of purchase.