DxR Nursing SELECT
Simulations to Enhance Learning and Evaluate Critical Thinking
Challenge your students to develop the critical-thinking skills essential to the nursing profession, with rich, realistic virtual patient simulations!
Practice helps nursing students develop strong critical-thinking skills
DxR Nursing SELECT allows students to reason through the virtual patient case study, practice making sound clinical judgments, and prioritize patient needs. 15 Interactive patient scenarios guide students through the entire nursing process to plan effective patient care.
NCLEX-style questions at the end of each section of the case challenge students’ knowledge and clinical decision-making. The automated scoring includes an assessment of the student’s performance for each case section, plus expert feedback and guidance. Perfect for preparing students for NextGen NCLEX!
What’s in it for nursing faculty?
15 Interactive scenarios based on real patient data, covering health issues across the lifespan; Tasks align with key clinical reasoning skills nurses apply every day in patient care.
- Automatic scoring: No need to manually grade student work; automatic score reports provide immediate guidance to help debrief students following an assignment.
- Insight: Scoring data paint a clear picture of your students’ strengths and weaknesses in identifying relevant patient data and developing strategies to meet the patient’s most pressing needs.
- Repeatable: Deliver the same virtual patient experience to all students in class or on their own time.
- Safe: Students practice making high-level clinical judgments in a safe environment.
- Easy to use: Minimal instructor set-up and delivery.
- Flexible: Use for additional practice, make-up for missed clinical time, or as a critical-thinking exercise in the classroom.
I have used DxR SELECT for several years now. I find it particularly helpful when teaching students the nursing process and problem-solving. It’s an important tool in helping students analyze data, develop a nursing diagnosis, select safe and appropriate interventions, and evaluate the outcomes of their interventions.
Thomas M. Bass, MSN RN, Simulation Coordinator,
Paris Junior College
- Clinical Hours Replacement***
- Practice Clinical Judgment
- Perfectly adaptable to the virtual classroom!
DxR Nursing SELECT
The Saba Saga: The Science of Valuing Nursing Care
In 2019, DxR Development Group incorporated the Clinical Care Classification...Read More
In Celebration of Nurses
In celebration of Nurses’ Week, DxR Development is profiling nurses...Read More
*Nursing Diagnoses: Definitions & Classifications 2018-2020 © NANDA International, 2017 used by arrangement with Thieme Medical Publishers, Inc. a division of the Thieme Group. All rights reserved. Authorized translation from the English language edition published by Thieme Medical Publishers Inc., No part of this material may be reproduced in any form without the written permission of the agent of the copyright holder, NANDA-International. Direct inquiries to email@example.com.
**Clinical Care Classification (CCC) System Version 2.5 (TX 6-100-481), Copyright 2012 Virginia K. Saba, EdD, RN, FAAN, FACMI, LL. English and Chinese versions, used with permission by the copyright holder.